Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Asian Grilled Salmon - 2 ways



This is one of my absolute favorite recipes. It's very easy, and SO good. Jamie and I generally buy a pound of salmon, cut into 4 fillets. We'll each eat a fillet grilled for dinner, and then have the other 2 cold on salads the next day. The marinade recipe is from Ina Garten; the salad is something I made up. We like to have the salmon with grilled asparagus (drizzled with olive oil, and sprinkled with kosher salt & pepper.)

Asian Grilled Salmon

1 lb salmon, cut into 4 fillets
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic (I use bottled)

-Combine the Dijon, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic.
-Place the salmon fillets in a gallon-sized bag, and dump in the marinade. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.
-Grill over direct-high heat for 4-5 minutes; flip and grill another 4-5 minutes.
-Let rest a few minutes before serving.

Asian Grilled Salmon Salad

-1 grilled salmon fillet per salad
-mandarin oranges
-sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
-salad greens (I like spring mix)
-fried wonton strips (optional)

-dressing: mix together 1 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 3 Tbsp soy sauce, and 6 Tbsp olive oil

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yum! I think I have all of this in my fridge/freezer right now... great dinner idea! Thanks!

Lizzie Collum said...

This sounds awesome! We love salmon, and your recipe sounds better than the way I make it! Thanks for posting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...