Monday, March 12, 2018

Taxol is Doing Its Job!

I've had 8 of my 12 Taxol treatments, and my MedOnc was pleased with my progress last time she saw me; she couldn't feel the tumor when doing a physical exam!  One area of concern, though, - to me, not her - is that I've had some pain in my ribs, near the initial tumor site.  I had an ultrasound this afternoon to check on that area, and to see what kind of progress I've made with chemo.

The Methodist Breast Center has the best waiting room music.  Among other songs, they played "Weird Science," "Come On, Eileen," "I Love Rock & Roll," and "It's Raining Men."  They were rocking some Bangles as I left.

Nothing in the pain area showed up on the ultrasound, so that's reassuring.  And in even better news, the ultrasound showed a "significant decrease" in the size of the largest affected lymph node, and my largest (of three) tumor and gone from 3.6cm - on ultrasound - to 1.2cm!  That's fantastic improvement for an ER (estrogen receptor) positive breast cancer on chemo, only 8 infusions in!  

Keep those prayers coming!

I realized in the waiting room that I had dressed in #chemochic - a beanie, button-down, leggings, and comfy boots.  My chemo fuzzy brain is now equating all medical appointments/procedures with chemo infusions.


Trish signature for blog

1 comments:

Mindy said...

This is such great news! Praying continually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...