Sunday, August 28, 2022

Gisèle, age 15


(wearing one of her late grandpa's flannels)



1. Describe yourself.  "Umm... I'm quirky.  And I'm pretty much mature and serious, especially for my age.  But every now and then I'll get really punchy and I'll act like a 7 year old."  

2. What are you thankful for?  "Family.  Umm... we've been blessed a lot with health, so I'm very thankful for that.  And I'm very thankful for my friends and Mustang Playhouse and the outlet I have with that."  

3. What makes you happy?  "I like books.  I haven't been reading a ton lately because our {school} library is closed and I don't think our librarian is there anymore.  I've also been getting more into painting.  I like shoes.  And hanging out with Miles, 'cause Miles is weird, and Miles knows I'm weird.  So hanging out with Miles makes me happy. For the most part."  

4. What makes you sad or angry?  "Feeling confined.  Like I don't have a choice in a situation.  Or a say.  Feeling silent in that aspect."  

5. What do you want to be when you grow up?  "Guess.  {laughs}"  {The answer is actor/director/producer.}  

6. What's important to you?  "Family."

7. What do you love most about yourself?  "I guess my compassion for others."

8. What do you love most about your mom?  "I guess that you're stubborn.  You know what you want and you do whatever is in your power to get it, and you don't stop until you get it."  

9. What do you love most about your dad?  "I think it's going to be pretty much the same answer I did last year, but he always makes me smile, and he's always funny and stuff, and he makes an effort to be a decent person even if he had a bad day, he'll try to be in a good mood for you." 

10. If you could go anywhere, where would you want to go?  "Well, I'm going to New York next year, so that's very exciting, but if it wasn't New York, it would be somewhere in Europe, maybe Italy or Ireland because of the landscapes and scenery there, and the culture and food in Italy."  

11. Who do you admire, and why?  "{long pause}  There's no one person for this question for me.  Because I admire everyone around me for different reasons.  Like I said, Mom, you're super stubborn but I admire you for that and your bravery.  And I admire Dad for his responsibility that he takes, and his ability to always brighten your day.  I admire everyone around me for so many different reasons that it's impossible for me to choose just one." 

12. What do you want to learn more about?  "I guess I want to learn more about myself, and how my goals align with God's goals for me, because that's a very confusing thing to think about, about how God's plans for my future are like/not like MY plans for my future."  

13. What's something you'd like to do to help someone else?  "Well, I want to volunteer more.  I feel if I contribute to society in some way that's helpful, that could help lots of people and I'd love to do that.  Also, I'd love to be part of a missionary trip; that would be very cool."  

14. What are you afraid of?  "Are you ready for the list?  Okay, so number 1 is being underwater in, like, deep water, and being trapped.  So something is blocking me from breaking through the surface.  Okay, so I'm trying to sum up my list here.  It's mainly things where I'm not in control, and I have absolutely no way of getting out of the situation I'm in, I just have to accept it and just be at peace.  That's hard for me if I'm not able to save myself."  

15. If you could only keep one thing, what would you keep?  "I would either keep a hoodie or a book." 

16. What's your favorite memory?  "I like the memory of us at Snooze.  When we were at Snooze last, we were talking about baby stuff, and hearing about Miles sticking a green bean up his nose, while we were eating pineapple upside-down pancakes, was a really great experience."  

17. What are you proud of yourself for?  "These are all so deep!  Why couldn't they be 'my favorite toy?'  I want to do well.  So my drive to do well and excel in anything I do... so it's definitely my drive, my determination to move forward no matter what.  It's an important characteristic of me, so I think it defines a lot of who I am and my choices."    

18. What are you looking forward to?  "One act season."

19. What do you dream about?  "Box trolls doing gymnastics.  It was a really weird dream."

20. What else do you want to say?  "Well, I'm excited to be turning 15.  I feel like 15 and on, it's very much like... you have to learn how to be independent and confident, and you have to know things.  All of these different responsibilities, like I'm going to learn how to drive... and then there's the whole thing about voting, and graduating... I'm excited to see where my life takes me."  

Gisèle, you constantly amaze me.  I will forever feel blessed to be your mom, and to get to watch you grow, explore, tackle, and conquer everything.  




Trish signature for blog




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...